Humidifiers: Improve Home Air Quality, Avoid Illness, Reduce Energy
Costs Thiele Heating & Air Conditioning, Indianapolis, IN
The popularity of home humidifiers has increased over the years, as
properly humidified air has been found to help improve overall air quality
in the home.
- Humidifiers are especially useful during the winter season where heating systems dry out the air.
- Because dry air is a potential source of many ailments, an air humidifier is
a good option as a preventive measure.
- A humidifier can significantly prevent the spread of flu and germs.
Many people don't realize the many benefits that running a humidifier in their homes
offers. A home humidifier has many advantages, including:
- Helping to avoid sickness
- Extending the life of the interior of the home
- Reduced energy costs
With Our Extremely Dry Winters, Every Central Indiana Home Should
Have a Humidifier
Indiana winters bring extremely dry ambient air. Heating
systems remove additional moisture from the air inside the house. We
recommend that every home in Central Indiana should have a humidifier
as part of its ventilation system.
A whole-house humidifier adds moisture to the air throughout your entire house. This
extra moisture in the air will help you feel better
and avoid getting sick.
- The humidifier helps to eliminate a dry nose, itchy, cracked
skin, and many allergy and asthma problems.
viruses that cause sickness can only live in a low humidity environment,
so the viruses will die when the moisture level is raised by a humidifier.
- A low humidity environment can weaken your immune system and allow you
to become more susceptible to infection.
Get the Correct Humidity Level in Your Home - Too Much Moisture
can be as Bad as Too Little
Air humidity below 30% can trigger respiratory symptoms. On the other
hand, an air humidity of more than 50% can support the growth of mold,
fungi, bacteria and dust mites. Humidifiers include an adjustable humidistat that can be set at a
pre-determined humidity level. Typically, a built-in hygrometer gauge reads the humidity level in the room,
which allows you to adjust the system to the exact humidity level you
Many parents worry everyday that their baby is going to get sick, especially newborns.
- This concern is increased during the winter season because the chances of getting the flu or the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) are much higher during the winter months.
- Proper humidity levels can help children avoid significant sickness in their early years.
Also, consider the loss in value because your expensive furniture has
dried out and you will understand the benefits of a
clearly. Before your wooden chairs start to squeak and wobble when
anyone sits in them, make sure your humidifier
is working properly.
If you are considering adding a whole-house humidifier to your
ventilation system, give Thiele a call today, 317-639-1111, to schedule a home inspection. Our highly-trained inspectors will will perform a free, in-depth
inspection and analysis of your home, and provide recommendations for the type and
size of humidification system that is the best solution for your home.
2008, 2009, 2010
BBB A+ Accredited Business
Better Business Bureau
A+ Accredited Business
2000, 2001, 2002,
2003, 2004, 2005
Better Business Bureau
Gold Star Award
2006, 2007, 2008
Thiele Heating & Air
Butler Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46218
All Rights Reserved.
Serving Central Indiana: Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson,
Madison, Marion, Morgan, Shelby